Spartan™ Omega™ AR500 Body Armor and Leonidas Plate Carrier Package
This Package Includes:
- 10"x12" Spartan™ Omega™ AR500 Steel Plate x2
- 6"x6" Spartan™ Omega™ AR500 Steel Plate x2
- Leonidas Plate Carrier x1
- Molle System for 6"x6" or 6"x8" Side Plates
- Spartan Armor Systems
Leonidas Plate Carrier System with Spartan Armor Systems™Omega™ AR500 Body Armor
The Leonidas plate carrier is an advanced plate carrier system is fit for a Spartan King, hence the name "Leonidas". This versatile plate carrier hosts a wide variety of proven features including a removable cummerbund. When you are looking for the toughest plate carrier available to take into battle this is it. Take a look at all the features below.
Advanced plate carrier that is feature packed
- 500 Denier
- Front Top Zippered Admin Pouch
- Front Lower Velcro kangaroo pouch
- PALS web attachment points covering the front, back and shoulders of the vest
- Mil spec laser cut PALS Webbing on the shoulders
- Cummerbund is designed to hold a 5"x15" IIIA soft armor inside each side.
- Cummerbund has a proprietary retained shock cord system to allow stretch while being held in place to stop sagging.
- Cummerbund is removable and the carrier is equipped with removable quick release buckles
- Genuine US Mil Spec Webbing
- Velcro on the back Drag Handle keeps it in place
- Heavy Duty bar tacking at key stress points
- Communication or hydration hose guides
- Padded Front and back interior of carrier with airflow channels sewn in
- Front and back areas of Velcro for identifiers
- Bottom Loading Plate Pockets accepts 10x12, SAPI and Similar Armor
- All pieces Made in USA, assembled in Mexico
*Note* This plate carrier by itself will only hold 5x15 Soft Armor Panels, this package will come with a molle system to attach on your 6x6 or 6x8 side plates.
Spartan™ Omega™ AR500 Body Armor - High Quality Ballistic Threat Protection
With all of our Spartan™ Omega™ AR500 Body Armor products, we only use ballistic LAB CERTIFIED AR500 steel! All purchases of our Spartan Armor products have current lab certificates available on request. Remember, not all body armor is created equal! Read our "FAQ" to find out more about Spartan™ Omega™ AR500 Body Armor and the steel we use to construct our body armor!
You have the choice of getting our Spartan™ Omega™ AR500 Body Armor formed on a continual radius die. Or with our Advanced Triple Curve ™. Instead of bending our formed plates in 2 different locations as we used to, we have machined custom tooling to give these plates a nice curvature to best conform to the side of your torso. Spartan Armor Systems™ is proud to be the FIRST in the industry to commercially offer triple-curved Spartan™ Omega™ AR500 Body Armor. Spartan Armor Systems’ ATC™ body armor allows the operator to shoulder their weapon with the most freedom and limited discomfort. The ATC™ armor better “hugs” the operator’s body, resulting in a significant increase in comfort. Our CNC equipment capabilities have allowed us to create dies which form our body armor without any “crease” bends. Crease bends, “work hardens” the plate and causes a significant amount of stress to the portion of the plate under load. We HIGHLY suggest when doing research to ask if they crease bend their body armor. This process results in increased potential for plate fatigue and failure, which is why Spartan Armor Systems™ has gone the extra mile to create this die process.
These plates come as a pair.
Full Coat or Base Coat Options:
We are excited to announce our potentially “life saving” breakthrough! The strike face for our plates is mark embedded with our Spartan logo! Both sides of these plates are coated, however, the back side only has a “courtesy coat” to protect against wear and rust. The front of the plate is lined with 1/4-3/8 of our proprietary coating, Encapsaloc ™. The result is a plate approximately 1/2-5/8” total thickness. See our FAQ for more information about our Encapsaloc ™ process. By purchasing, you will receive (2) Formed Spartan™ Omega™ AR500 Body Armor 10″x12” chest plates. Due to popular demand, we have added a “base coat” only option for our AR500 Omega™ armor products. The base coat option has an extremely thin layer of our fragmentation mitigation coating to aesthetically enhance the plates, and to provide corrosion resistance. This coating has minimal, if any, fragmentation mitigation capabilities.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Spartan™ Omega™ AR500 and Spartan AR550 Steel Core Body Armor by Spartan Armor Systems®
Not all steel core body armor is created equal. Our high quali...
Body Armor Spall & Fragmentation (Fact vs Fiction) - Spartan Armor Systems Body Armor 101
In this Body Armor 101 segment we explore the topic of spall a...
Body Armor Overview and NIJ Protection Levels - Spartan Armor Systems® Body Armor 101
In this Body Armor 101 segment we cover NIJ protection levels ...