DIY Texas Star
- The Target Man
DIY Texas Star Shooting Target AR500
DIY Texas Star! Another INDUSTRY FIRST from The Target Man™
**Minor welding required
Texas Stars are popular targets. They increase response time, shooter coordination, and are just plain old fun to shoot! The Target Man™ has developed a Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Texas Star shooting kit so they are finally affordable... at last!
By purchasing the DIY Texas Star, you will receive the spindle/pivot assembly, AR500 knock off paddles, and everything you’ll need to get started. All you will need to purchase is some angle iron, and materials to fabricate a base if you do not buy our optional Multi-Purpose Base.
Here’s what’s included….
- Rotating hub assemble
- Rotating center pivot assembly with nylon bearings for wear resistance
- All hardware needed
- (5) AR500 “knock off” paddles with 6″ diameter or 8″ diameter, depending on selection.
Here’s what you’ll need to source…
- (5) pieces of 1.5″x.25″ angle iron for arms. Recommend approximately 22″ in length
- (1) piece of 1.5″x.25″ angle iron for post assembly. Recommend approximately 46″ in length
- You will have to fabricate your own base with miscellaneous materials, or you can purchase our optional MPB.
We recommend using 46" angle iron for his target.
*** Please note. Due to the design theory of the Texas Star, you may have to use sand bags on top of the MPB. The uneven weight distribution makes the target spin unbalanced, causing slight “drift”. If you decide to make your own target base, you can certainly create a more robust design for added stability.
See A Comparison of Our Full Line Reactive Steel Targets on page 2:
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
AR500 Reactive Shooting Targets by Spartan Armor Systems
Spartan Armor Systems offers a variety of AR500 Reactive Targe...
The Target Man AR500 Reactive Shooting Targets - Spartan Armor Systems
Overview of The Target Man AR500 reactive steel shooting targe...