Active Shooter Response Kits: Body Armor To Keep In Your Car
In 2022, America is on track to set a record for most "mass shootings" within a year. While gang related crime accounts for a large portion of these shootings, innocent bystanders are frequently caught in the line of fire. The recent shootings in Buffalo & Uvalde have ignited conversations about restrictions on self-defense gear. It has become evidently clear that each of us is responsible for our own safety and often times law enforcement is the clean-up crew after the crime has already been committed. As you may be aware of, the state of New York passed a ban on the purchase, sale, & distribution of body armor, which you can learn more about here. In these turbulent times, it’s important to check in on the laws that exist in the state you reside in. See our article, “Body Armor Laws By State 2022 - Know Your Rights.” We are a country founded on the core principle that each of us have the God given right to protect ourselves and our those we care about. While certain factions of the government are actively seeking to remove that freedom, the reality is that most states have laws already on the books making it a felony to wear body armor while in the commission of a crime, so we don’t expect too many states to follow New York’s lead.
The question many have is, “What can I do to protect myself?” One of the most important steps you can take is keeping an Active Shooter Kit in your vehicle at all times. Mass shootings occur in public places the vast majority of the time, which means to get to these public spaces, you likely are driving to get there. Keeping an Active Shooter Kit within reach can mean the difference between life & death, not only for you but others as well. You also have the option of concealable body armor which is another great solution, especially in gun free zones where criminals tend to place their focus. You can read more about concealment body armor in this article with guest Rob Orgel of Emergency Response Tactical.
Your kit should be comprised of the following:
- Plate Carrier: You want a good balance of maximum protection, while being light enough to allow you to move fast, & agile.
- Armor Plates: In the case of an active shooter, along with the types of ammunition that is readily available for use, we recommend high grade level armor. Note that ceramic body armor is typically not a good choice for a kit that will be left in a car long term due to exposure to heat and possible impacts that could crack the strikeface.
- MedKit: You and others may be injured, & so being able to administer medical attention is essential.
- The necessary tools to defend yourself or others!
Spartan Armor Systems provides various packages that will keep you safe if the worst should come.
ACHILLES NIJ CERTIFIED AR550 PACKAGE WITH AFAK AND TOUGH HOOK
- Achilles Laser Cut Plate Carrier in OD Green
- 2x AR550 Single Curve Full Coat Body Armor Plates (NIJ Certified Level III, Level III+ protection)
- Advanced First Aid Kit (AFAK) in OD Green
- Tough Hook in Black
AR550 ACTIVE SHOOTER RESPONSE KIT
- Hydra Plate Carrier
- 2x AR550 Single Curve Full Coat Body Armor Plates (Level III+ protection)
The recommended AFAK medkit is not included in the package, and will need to be added to your cart. Purchase it here
TACICAL IIIA WRAPAROUND SOFT ARMOR
- Front and back wraparound IIIA NIJ Certified body armor panels which are removeable for easy cleaning
- Features front and back pockets to drop in 10"x12" hard armor plates, making it eas to adjust to escalating threats on the fly.
SPARTAN AR550 BODY ARMOR AND TACTICAL RESPONSE KIT
- Tactical Response Laser Cut Plate Carrier (Black, Coyote Brown or OD Green).
- (2) 10x12 Spartan AR550 Body Armor Shooters Cut Chest/Back Plates.
- Plate Storage Bag
This package is sold out currently, but will be available in mid July, 2022
An additional benefit is our Carrier bag, allowing you to store your gear easily, & neatly, ready to go wherever you are. Preparation is key to safety, and it’s up to us to ensure we ourselves are protected. Take your safety into your own hands.