Includes Two (2) Plates Per Order
- Defeats .30-06 M2 AP (Armor Piercing)
- Multicurve Curve Design
- Full 9.5"x12.5" Edge-to-Edge Protection
- Only 6.1 lbs Per Plate
Ares Level IV Ceramic Body Armor - Set of Two Plates
The Ares level IV ceramic body armor plate is our toughest and lightest level IV plate yet. With a boron carbide strike face and UHMWPE backer, the Ares is a military grade plate that has been laboratory tested and proven to defeat .30-06 M2AP armor piercing rounds. Boron carbide is one of the hardest materials known to man. However, it’s lighter than other softer ceramics such as aluminum oxide, which is used in most civilian grade body armor. The Ares is a superior level IV plate that is proudly manufactured in our Tucson, AZ facility.
Lightweight Level IV Protection
It’s no secret that speed, agility and stamina are critical during hostile engagements. While many level IV ceramic body armor plates weigh around 7 or 8 lbs per plate, the Ares weighs in at just 6.1 lbs per plate. Not only does the Ares plate provide the operator with a clear weight advantage, but the boron carbide strike face easily destroys .30-06 M2 AP rounds upon impact. The lightweight UHMWPE backer catches the remaining bullet fragments preventing any penetration or secondary spall injury to the operator. The Ares level IV ceramic body armor plate is the perfect choice for Law Enforcement, Security Contractors, Military, First Responders or even concerned civilians looking for advanced threat protection and safety.
Full Edge-To-Edge ESAPI Protection
Get what you're paying for with full edge-to-edge protection! The Ares provides maximum protection for vital organs in a full 9.5" x 12.5" medium ESAPI shooters cut profile. This allows for better protection to the operator in the event of near-edge impacts. The highly compatible ESAPI sizing gives the operator the freedom to choose from a wide range of plate carriers. The Ares features a traditional multicurve design for added comfort during extended duty use.
Ares Product Specifications
- Threat Protection: Armor Piercing Rifle Rated Up To .30-06 M2 AP.
- NIJ 0101.06 Rating: Laboratory tested and verified to meet NIJ 0101.06 level IV standards.
- Material Composition: Boron Carbide Ceramic & UHMWPE
- Plate Size: 9.5”x12.5” ESAPI
- Protection Area: 9.5”x12.5”
- Weight: 6.1 lbs
- Plate Quantity: Two (2) Plates Included
- Curve Profile: Multi Curve
- Cut: ESAPI Medium (Shooters Cut)
- Armor Type: Stand Alone
- Exterior: 1000D Cordura® with Embroidered Logo
- Warranty: Guaranteed against manufacturer defects 5 years from the date of purchase.
- Origin: Made in U.S.A - Manufactured by Spartan Armor System® in Tucson, AZ
NOTE: Ceramic armor cannot be resold, therefore ALL sales for this product are final. No returns or exchanges accepted.
The Ares level IV body armor plate features a strike face made of military grade boron carbide, making it our toughest level IV plate to date. The Ares measures 9.5" x12.5" making it a true medium ESAPI plate. At just 6.1 lbs, the Ares is one of the lightest level IV body armor plates available on the civilian market. Product Page https://www.spartanarmorsystems.com/ares-level-iv-ceramic-body-armor/
Ares Level IV ...The Ares level IV body armor plate features a strike face made...